To join it is a condition that you have read the complete contents of this page and the terms and conditions of use
We will assume that you have read all required material and accepted the conditions of membership on receipt of your application. Membership remains entirely at our discretion. The major aim of this site is to assist with research and ongoing professional development. We are neutral politically and owe no allegiance to any trade or professional association.We are however very happy to work with anyone who shares our aims and is willing and able to bring benefits to our members.
The next best thing to hiring your own personal research assistant!
Are you too busy to keep up to date with recent research, information, thoughts and ideas relating to your specialist area? GSMTS offers a unique solution – AND, membership is FREE! Any graduate from one of our accredited training providers or professional associations can join us free of charge.
Imagine the benefits of being able to log into an exclusive and constantly expanding members only web site which is jam packed with information of interest to stress managers and trauma specialists! By Joining GSMTS you are demonstrating that you take professional development seriously.
GSMTS is not just for therapists and counsellors! Researchers, authors, writers, journal and newsletter editors, journalists, bloggers, copy writers etc will all find material of interest.
GSMTS was founded and is administered by Michael O’Sullivan, a former Special Forces soldier with personal experience of stress and PTSD, and who also has over 25 years’ experience of client work specialising in PTSD and other Trauma Syndromes. He has worked both in private practice and in the charity sector. Additionally, Mr O’Sullivan is a prolific researcher and writer.
GSMTS is the only open access peer support organisation of its kind.
Features and benefits of membership:
- No joining fee, exclusive membership
- Your own permanent business profile in the membership directory on this major web site
- Peer support through online networking
- Important research updates and links
- Journal links
- Article links
- Practical tips and resources on:
- Business development
- Website development
- Social media development
- Money saving ideas and links – for example why pay hundreds for Microsoft Office when there is a fully compatible software suite available free of charge?
- You will be given a permanent research log, in spreadsheet format, which contains all research links posted on the site and which will be available to you on your own dedicated download page
- You will receive a log book in spreadsheet format so you can maintain a record of your continuing professional developmen
Guild membership – additional benefits:
In addition to all that, you’ll also receive these great benefits:
- Special offers from Accredited Training Providers
- Discount and incentive offers from other organisations related to your field, via our professional courtesy arrangements with those organisations
So what happens next, how do I join?
Go to our ‘contact us‘ page. Send us a message with ‘Application to join’ in the subject line.Once received we will verify that you are eligible for membership. Once verified we will email you to ask for your preferred username and email (both required to set up an account). Once received your account will be set up and you will receive your log in credentials. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. Once your profile is established you can edit it as often as you like…